When traveling outside of your home province, territory or country, your government health care plans don’t travel with you. Travel Insurance helps bridge that gap in coverage to help you stay protected during a medical emergency.
Whether you’re a Snowbird, a family on vacation, a backpacker, or a cross-border shopper, you can travel feeling protected with emergency medical, trip and baggage coverage
Ideal if you are a:
- Traveler insured under a Canadian government health insurance plan
- Canadian of any age traveling for business or pleasure
- Canadian traveling outside your province, to the United States and around the world
Features and benefits
Up to $5 OR $10 million in emergency medical coverage for:
- Hospital and physician services
- Paramedical services.
- Ambulance transportation.
- Emergency dental treatment.
- Preparation and return of mortal remains.
- Emergency air transportation home.
- Visit to bedside if travelling alone.
- Return of children in the care of the insured.
- Return of travel companion.
- Additional meals and hotel.
- Return home of vehicle.
- Hospital allowance.
- Child care.
- Return of excess baggage.
- Phone Call Expenses.
- Pet return.
- Trip break without terminating coverage.
- Return to Original Trip Destination.
* Please note: If the claim is a result of an act of terrorism, this benefit may be limited. Other exclusions, limitations and conditions apply. See the policy for details.
For assistance in choosing the options that complement your travel plans and for coverage amounts, please contact us.
Once you have started your trip, unlimited Trip Interruption insurance provides coverage for one-way transportation home in the event of an unexpected, insured event.
Trip Cancellation & Interruption
If your trip is cancelled, interrupted or delayed for a specific reason listed in the policy, such as an unexpected event or an injury to you, a family member, or travelling companion, we will reimburse you for the non-refundable amount.
Purchase this coverage for the duration of your trip to replace lost, stolen or damaged belongings, including:
- Injury of Accompanying Cat or Dog
- Personal belongings
- Personal currency
- Travel documents
All-inclusive Package Plans
All-inclusive Package Plans combine Emergency Hospital & Medical insurance for Canadians with Trip Cancellation & Interruption coverage. Because you buy these plans as a combination, you get a great price on great coverage, both before and during your trip.