International Student Insurance helps protect you and your family from unexpected costs due to a medical emergency while you are studying in Canada.
We offer travel insurance plans for full-time students, including:
- International Students studying in Canada;
- Canadian Students studying abroad;
- Canadian Students studying in Canada but outside their principal province of residence.
This insurance provides coverage up to a maximum aggregate of $1,000,000 CDN per policy for reasonable and customary charges for covered expenses incurred by you during your period of coverage.
Emergency and Non-Emergency Medical Benefits* (Manulife Plan Example)
Up to a maximum aggregate of $2 million for emergency medical and non-medical coverage for covered risks.
Emergency Medical Benefits
- Hospital expenses – up to the maximum aggregate for
- 60 days hospitalization for injury or illness.
- 30 days hospitalization for psychiatric care.
- Out-patient and emergency department services.
- Physician services – plus up to 5 follow-up visits.
- Diagnostic services.
- Private duty nurse – up to $10,000.
- Ambulance transportation – up to $5,000.
- Prescription drugs – up to 30 days supply.
- Paramedical services – up to $70 per visit up to a combined maximum of $700.
- Emergency dental treatment
- . accidental injury – up to $2,500.
- relief of pain – up to $100.
- per extracted wisdom tooth – up to $250.
- Psychiatric care – up to $5,000.
- Trauma counselling – up to 6 sessions.
- Medical appliances.
- Emergency evacuation home – up to $100,000.
- Family transportation to bedside and subsistence allowance – up to $4,500.
- Preparation and return of mortal remains – up to $10,000.
- Tuition reimbursement – up to $5,000.
- Trip break – up to 21 consecutive days without termination of coverage.
Please note: For Canadians travelling abroad, if the claim is a result of an act of terrorism, this benefit may be limited.
- Annual medical examination – up to $100
- Annual eye examination
- Maternity benefit – up to $8,000
- Accidental death or dismemberment – up to $10,000